Adjustable Weight Bench Reviews 2018
Workout benches are a paramount piece of Best exercise equipment that anyone serious about building muscles should have in their home or basement gym. If you want to significantly improve your fitness level and ensure that your exercise program is well rounded, then you definitely need to make sure that you add resistance training to your current routine, you can do it by adding exercises with Best Adjustable Weight Bench which provides Lots of features and utility.
In Addition, Not only will this allow you to lose weight faster, but also speed up your metabolism. There are different types of workout weight benches in the market today; the traditional and the adjustable. An adjustable type is a piece of exercise equipment that resembles a regular bench but is functionally designed and made to change into multiple positions.
- 1 Adjustable Weight Bench Reviews 2018
- 2 #1. Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 Adjustable Bench
- 3 #2. Body-Solid Powerline Flat/Incline/Decline Folding FID Bench
- 4 #3. Universal 5 Position Weight Bench
- 5 #4. IronMaster Super Bench Best Adjustable Weight Bench For Lifting
- 6 #5. Cap Barbell Deluxe Utility Adjustable Weight Bench FM-CB804DX
- 7 #6. Valor Fitness DD-4 Flat Incline Decline FID Adjustable Utility Bench
- 8 #7. Marcy Adjustable Utility Weight Bench SB 670
- 9 #8. Bowflex SelectTech 3.1 Adjustable Weight Bench
- 10 #9. PowerBlock Sport Bench
- 11 #10. XMark XM 7472 Adjustable FID Weight Bench
- 12 Conclusion
Things To Consider While Buying Adjustable Weight Bench
There are so many brands in the market today. Different brands make a range of best adjustable weight benches that have different features to meet the needs and requirements of different users. Even though there are different brands, most of the adjustable weight benches from these brands have similar features.
However, The benches are classified in two categories: Entry-level Benches and Advanced Weight Benches.
First, Entry-level products have basic features and are mainly intended for beginners in weight training. Second, The advanced weight benches are intended for intermediates and expert weight trainers.
These benches are more expensive than entry-level benches and often have more features or improved features than the entry-level. Here are some of the most common features found in most this products.
#1. Workout stations
Most weight benches are designed to provide you with a range of exercises options. However, some give additional features which include: Leg developer attachments meant for leg curls and extensions, preacher pads used for bicep and forearm exercises, and high pulley stations used for exercises Lat pull downs and triceps push-downs.
Equally Important, The preacher pad is an important feature that is commonly found near the front and helps you focus on your biceps and forearms using either free weights or straight bars to do preacher curls. In recent years, manufacturers have begun to include Lat towers or high pulley stations as additional features in best adjustable weight benches.
They are built using high-quality materials since they have moving parts. However, due to the demand for cheap and affordable workout tables, you will find cheap benches that have been made using materials that are of lower quality. Most of them are tend to be unstable and may break if you light heavier weights than the bench can handle.
To avoid this, it is important for you to invest in a more durable and sturdy weight bench that is made from high quality material. It should be made of steel and heavy gauge tubing. It is also important for you to check the manufacturer’s product specifications to see if the user weight and weight load capacities fall within your range.
So, If you are planning to lift heavier weight, you need to get that which can hold the amount of weight you plan to lift so as to avoid getting a bench that will limit the amount of weight you can lift.
#3. Adjustability Feature
For the more effective workout, you need a bench that has a wide variety of back pad angle adjustments. It should also provide you with the ability to adjust to decline, flat, a number of inclines as well as a full 90-degree military press. These adjustments will always enable you to exercise with a flat, incline and decline angle.
With the added angles, you get a wide variety of weight training exercises you can engage in, thereby targeting different muscles more efficiently. The back-pad adjustments are important since they help you improve your weight training and provide you with comfort during your workout. In short, you should always choose collapsible workout bench.
Comfort is a very important factor to look out for when purchasing any Fitness Product. This benches have thick padding on the seat and back pads that make it comfortable during workouts. The bench you choose to buy should have upholstery that is an inch thick for a more pleasant bench to exercise on.
Using a bench that has a thin padding can not only cause your discomfort, and it can also lead to injuries. It important for you to choose a best adjustable weight bench that has great upholstery that is sewed on with a box stitch since it is the best stitch against wear and tear.
When purchasing a bench, it is important for you to bear in mind that you will need weights for you to use the bench. No matter the type of bench you purchase, you need to know the kind of weights that would be ideal for that specific type of bench.
In most cases, dumbbells will go well with utility benches. Adjustable Dumbbells can come in handy for people who want a utility bench. This is because you can use weight plates to customize the amount of weight you want to lift. Weight benches that have racks need much more equipment such as a barbell and a weight set. Always Make sure that the barbell length is compatible with the rack, that the bar length is wide to fit the width of the rack.
They come in two categories: Utility and Benches with Racks. The utility version of the bench come without a rack. Most of these benches are adjustable but flat; fixed ones exist as well.
Utility weight benches are often used with dumbbell exercises and are less expensive because they do not require as much hardware. These benches are not designed for heavy lifters because there isn’t a safety “catch” to return weights to at the end of an exercise.
Weight benches with racks are made for heavy lifters who use barbells in their weight training. Barbells give more stability to compound movements, and racks offer the safety “catch” that utility benches lack. Racked benches can be fixed or separated. Separated weight benches with racks are more versatile and can be used with dumbbells, like a squat rack, or combined.
Safety is vital when purchasing an adjustable weight bench. Always ensure you get a bench that provides you with enough safety while using it. For those who want a bench with a rack, ensure that the bench you choose has safety catchers (spotter catchers).
To ensure safety, you should position the catches lower down than your normal weight rests. The catches come into use when you are unable to return the weight to the normal rests.
To do that, you simply let the bar down onto the safety catchers so that you’re not in a compromised position where you don’t have a way of getting the bar up or away from you.
Above is some of the most common features found in weight benches. Remember to consider the above features and choose the bench with the features that best match your requirements prior to making a purchase. Always ensure that you purchase a bench that is not only comfortable and durable but one that you will enjoy working out on.
Purchasing is an easy job if you know what your specifications and wants are. Sometimes seeing so many choices in a product can overwhelm us. The solution to buying is know what you need and what is best for your body. There is a wide range of benches available in the market today. It is important for you to realize that different types of workout benches have different weight capacities.
So, Here We have given detailed Reviews of Top 10 Best Adjustable Weight Benches Which You can buy in 2018.
#1. Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 Adjustable Bench
Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 is a strong and reliable adjustable weight bench that makes a great addition for home gym or workout space. This weight bench provides you with six positions for a range of exercises.
It is a heavy-duty bench that is made of commercial quality steel to ensure durability and avoid wobbles or instability during the workout. The fabric used to make the bench is also durable and is easy to clean.
The six different positions provided by the SelectTech 5.1 Adjustable Bench start at a -17° decline, flat, 30°, 45°, 60° and the full 90° angles. The seat of this bench is also adjustable to two diverse positions while inclining.
The adjustable seat also prevents you from slipping down when doing incline by providing you with a better position for a stable base.
- The bench is built with
heavy-duty commercial quality steel to ensure strength and durability.
- Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 Adjustable Bench comes with wheels for easy portability.
- The bench can be adjusted to six different positions: flat, 30 degree, 45 degrees, 60 degree, 90 degrees and decline with seat raised for workout versatility.
- Feature a removable leg hold-down brace to provide additional decline position support.
- It has a weight capacity of 400 lbs.
- Compact design measuring 56” by 26” by 20”
Pros and Cons
Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 is the Best Adjustable Indoor Type Weight Bench and is a solid and sturdy adjustable bench that is designed to last. This will offers you six different positions that make it possible for you to perform different exercises to keep you challenged. If you are looking for a solid and durable bench that is reasonably priced, then consider getting the SelectTech 5.1 Adjustable.
#2. Body-Solid Powerline Flat/Incline/Decline Folding FID Bench
Body-Solid Powerline Flat/Incline/Decline Folding Bench is an incline and decline weight bench that is made of high quality and durable material. This weight bench is designed using innovative technology to ensure effective strength training.
The bench is from Body-Solid, a reputable brand that is known for making quality workout equipment for more than 20 years. All the parts of this adjustable weight bench are covered by a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty. It comes completely assembled thus no assembly is required. You can unbox the bench and start using it immediately.
Powerline Flat/Incline/Decline Collapsible Bench comes with 7 easy-to-adjust positions that provide you with flexibility and comfort. The easy-to-adjust positions also make it easy for you to come up with exercises that match your needs. The bench also includes transport wheels that allow you to move the bench from one location to another.
- Transport wheels for easy transportation
- The bench comes completely assembled and ready to use after unboxing.
- Compact design that easily fits in compact spaces
- 7 easy-to-adjust positions that provide you with flexibility and comfort as well as make it easy for you to come up with exercises that match your needs
- Foldable design for easy storage
- Includes manufacturer’s warranty
- Easy to mount and dismount
- Multi-purpose decline and incline bench ideal for barbell and dumbbell training
Pros and Cons
Body-Solid Powerline Flat/Incline/Decline Folding FID Bench is one of the best value adjustable outdoor weight benches you will find in the market. It is extremely durable because it is made from the best steel and rubber. Its space efficient in that it doesn’t take up a lot of space and can be easily folded after a workout.
This bench is one of the few that come with wheels for adjustment at the bottom, enabling you to have your workout at the place you love most. For gym lovers looking for best versatile adjustable weight benches, which will allow then to conduct a variety of workouts.
Body Solid Powerline Flat/ Incline/ Decline Collapsible FID Bench is definitely the solution. This weight bench allows you to have a wide range of FID bench exercises ranging from dumbbell exercises to chest presses and much more. It’s a bench that will ensure your upper body gets the exercises it requires.
#3. Universal 5 Position Weight Bench
The Universal 5 Position Weight Bench is an entry-level weight bench that provides you with 5 positions as well as a decline. It is a light-weight Weight Bench that has foam rollers attached to ensure your feet stay in position during workouts.
It is a well-designed bench that has great features which provide you with a great workout experience. The various positions provided by this adjustable weight bench can easily be adjusted to let you to change positions while working out for best workout results.
The 5 positions provided by this weight bench start from -10, 0, 15, 30, and 45 degrees. Due to it great features, Universal 5 Position Weight Bench is a great workout investment that is guaranteed to offer you satisfying results.
- 5 positions that start from -10, 0, 15, 30, and 45 degrees and a decline
- Ease to change between positions for continuous experience when changing positions during workouts.
- Five-inch foam rollers for safety and comfort for great workout experience to let you efficiently get satisfying workout results.
- Universal 5 Position has top stabilizers and levelers at the base for easy and smooth positioning in any floor type.
- Bench has 430-pound maximum user weight, making it an ideal gym bench because it can accommodate a wide range of weights.
- Dimensions are 17 x 25 x 51 inches (W x H x D)
Pros and Cons
Universal 5 Position Weight Bench is a versatile adjustable weight bench that can be used with dumbbell set for a variety of exercises including inclined curls, hammer curls, flat presses, dumbbell pullovers, lateral raises, declining sit ups and others.
Unlike most adjustable weight benches that are complex and hard to use, this weight bench is not only easy to use but it is also very easy to assemble. If you are looking for an entry-level workout bench that is easy to use and durable, then consider getting the Universal 5 Position Weight Bench.
#4. IronMaster Super Bench Best Adjustable Weight Bench For Lifting
Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable weight-lifting Bench is a heavy duty weight bench that provides you with a wide range of workout options. It is a solid and sturdy weight bench that provides you with 11 different angles; 0°, 5°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 40°, 50°, 60°, 70°, 80°, and 85°.
The bench uses a foot lever to make it easy for you to adjust positions without bending down or fiddling so as to remove pop pins. This bench has a removable seat with three different heights that can be used by sliding the seat rest in your select position.
The seat also trails the backrest at any angle and is always upright to the back to avoid sliding off when inclining.
- The bench is made of solid 11 and 12-gauge super strong steel with chrome components
- The frame is powder-coated to protect against rust and scratches
- The backrest and seat cushions have heavy duty padding with stitched vinyl to ensure comfort and longevity.
- Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable weight-lifting Bench comes assembled; you only need to attach the feet.
- The adjustable bench has a limited 10-year warranty while the upholstery only has a one-year warranty.
- Multi-purpose bench that can be used for dumbbell exercises, cage or rack use as well as with the smith machine.
- It comes with a unique patented adjustment ring that has foot lever adjustment that operates from both sides and is able to lock up tight for comfort while working out.
Pros and Cons
The IronMaster Super Bench Adjustable weight-lifting Bench is a great choice for serious weight trainers who are looking for strong and durable weight benches.
This bench is perfect for people lifting heavy weights in a range of positions and require compact and heavy-duty bench. The Super Bench features a great design that satisfies different workout requirements.
#5. Cap Barbell Deluxe Utility Adjustable Weight Bench FM-CB804DX
It features anchor posts at the base of the frame that let you attach resistance bands for additional diversity in your workout. The bench’s frame is made of 12 and 14-gauge steel for stability and durability. The steel frame is powder coated for protection from rust and oxidation.
This bench contains large grip pop pins that help you change and adjust the bench effortlessly. The seat and back cushion are covered in a quality leatherette fabric that has a box stitch for additional support and comfort.
- The full dimensions of the bench are 53” in length, a width of 27” and 45” height
- It comes with clear instructions for easy and fast assembly
- The bench offers 7 different positions starting from 0, 15, 30, 45, 60, 75 and 90 degrees for effective upper, lower body and core exercises
- Cap Barbell Deluxe Utility Adjustable Weight Bench has oversize grip pop pins that allow you to change and adjust the bench effortlessly.
- The main frame of the bench is made of 12 and 14-gauge steel for stability and durable.
- It comes with transport wheels and handles that make it easy to carry or transport the bench.
- The back and seat cushions of Cap Utility Bench is covered in a quality leatherette fabric that has a box stitch for additional support and comfort.
Pros and Cons
Cap Barbel Deluxe is a high quality and reliable bench that has great features which help improve your workout experience. It is reasonably priced thus it can be a great choice for people looking for a quality and reliable adjustable weight bench that is affordable. If you are looking for a sturdy, solid bench that can help you keep your weight training program exciting, consider getting the Cap Utility FM-CB804DX.
#6. Valor Fitness DD-4 Flat Incline Decline FID Adjustable Utility Bench
The Valor Fitness DD-4 Flat Incline Decline FID Adjustable Utility Bench is a versatile bench that can be used a Smith machine or power racks. The weight bench provides you with 5 inclines and one decline positions so as to be able to perform numerous collections of exercises.
It has a handle and wheels that let you carry and transport. This weight bench also has adjustable feet support that provides comfort for a wide range of users during the workout.
The seat of the bench has a wrap-around seat cushion that ensures comfort and support behind the knees when in decline position. Valor Fitness DD-4 Flat Incline Decline FID Adjustable Utility Bench has a maximum weight capacity of 650 lbs.
- 5 incline and one decline positions.
- Has a wrap-around seat cushion that ensures comfort and support behind the knees when in decline position
- Maximum weight capacity of 650 lbs
- Solid steel pivot points
- Handle and wheels to let you carry and transport
- Has adjustable feet support that provides comfort for a wide range of users during workout.
- Locking pull-pins for adjustments
Pros and Cons
Valor Fitness DD-4 Flat Incline Decline FID Adjustable is a quality and reliable adjustable weight bench with weights that allows you to perform a range of exercises with your weights. This weight bench comes with an independently adjusted seat and back pad to enable you to navigate all this different types of workouts and exercises.
This bench comes with parts that are intuitively easily leading when doing the assembly, assembling this bench is easy and fast and does not require any skills. It also comes with instructions on how to assemble the bench.
The bench has all the accessory attachment are included in frame (2″ x 2″) and it can accommodate any accessory attachment with a frame measuring 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″. The bench can also be incorporated with Valor Fitness EX-1 Leg Lift Accessory and Valor Fitness EX-2 Preacher Curl Accessory. Those looking for a solid and durable bench for their home gyms can consider getting the Valor Fitness DD-4 Flat Incline Decline FID Adjustable.
#7. Marcy Adjustable Utility Weight Bench SB 670
Marcy Adjustable Utility FID Weight Bench is a popular weight bench comes with ample options to help you target all the muscle groups. Marcy is also one of the best weight bench brands available in the market. This bench provides you with 6 different angles for the backrest as well as a decline position to make it possible for you to do chest presses, incline presses, military and decline presses.
The seat of the adjustable weight bench adjusts to three positions to offer you additional support in all angles. It measures 52” by 25” by 46.5” in height when in an upright position. Marcy Adjustable Utility Weight Bench weighs 46 lbs which are not too heavy to move around.
The bench has a foldable FID design that makes it easy to store the bench under your bed or in a closet to save space. This makes the bench a great choice for people living in an apartment or those with compact spaces.
- Solid construction made with 14 gauge steel to keep it sturdy when in use.
- Steel frame is powder coat to protect against rust and scratches
- The length of the padding has black with white strips down which makes the bench look unique and different from most benches that are pure black and grey.
- Transport wheels and a handle grip for easy movement.
- It comes with instructions and wrenches for easy and fast assembly
- Two year manufacturer’s warranty
- Foldable design for easy storage
- 6 different angles for the backrest as well as a decline position
Pros and Cons
Marcy Adjustable Utility Weight Bench is one of the most popular entry-level weight benches that are known for great features. It comes with adequate options to help you target different muscle groups. This adjustable weight bench easily adapts to a variety of cages and rack systems.
This product provides you everything you require for chest presses, incline presses, military and decline presses. If you are looking for a solid, sturdy and durable bench that is ideal for the home gym, consider getting the Marcy SB-670 cause its best weight bench for the money.
#8. Bowflex SelectTech 3.1 Adjustable Weight Bench
Bowflex SelectTech 3.1 is a quality weight bench from Bowflex. Bowflex is a trusted brand that is known for making high quality and reliable equipment. The bench provides you with four different positions as well as a decline of -10°, flat, 45° and 90° angles.
The different positions offered by this weight bench allow you to effectively do more than 30 diverse exercises. The frame of SelectTech 3.1 bench is made from commercial grade steel to ensure safety and stability while using the bench as well as ensure durability.
It measures 56” x 26” x 20” thus it takes up a small space and can therefore be a perfect choice for people with limited space.
- Removable leg brace for added support while working out in the decline position.
- Wheels attached at the back for easy movement and rolling away for storage.
- Vinyl upholstery for durable and easy cleaning
- Comes with clear illustrations to guide you on how to assemble
- It comes with a 15-year-warranty on the frame and a one-year warranty on the upholstery.
- Dimensions: 56” x 26” x 20”
- It provides four different positions as well as a decline of -10°, flat, 45° and 90° angles for more than 30 diverse exercises.
Pros and Cons
The Bowflex SelectTech 3.1 is a reliable FID weight bench with leg attachment that provides you with four main angles which allow you to target all different areas for upper body and core workouts through more than 30 different exercises.
SelectTech 3.1 is made from high quality material to ensure safety, stability and durability. This adjustable weight bench is a great choice for people looking for a quality and reliable entry-level bench.
#9. PowerBlock Sport Bench
PowerBlock Sport Bench is a good comfortable weight bench that measures 50” by 21” by 16” when flat and weighs 57 lbs. This bench provides you with 5 easy to change positions ranging from flat to military. The positions include 30, 45 and 60 degree angles in between.
The seat of this bench can also be adjusted when the backrest is at an incline. Unlike most benches that have a large gap between the seat and backrest, this bench has a pretty small gap as compared to most benches, making it more comfortable.
It has a weight capacity of 550 lbs which is reasonable for most people. The frame of this adjustable weight bench is made of 2” x 3” 14-gauge tubing making it a sturdy, solid and durable bench. The backrest and seat of the bench are padded with tapered upholstered cushions for additional support and comfort during workouts.
- The cushions used in this bench are made of self-skimmed foam to ensure durability, supportive and comfort as well as make the bench look good.
- PowerBlock Sport Bench has room for an optional dip attachment.
- The backrest and seat of the weight bench are padded with tapered upholstered cushions for additional support.
- The PowerBlock Sport Bench is made of 2” x 3” 14-gauge tubing for stability and durability of the bench.
- 550lb weight capacity
- The bench is 50” by 21” by 16” when flat and weighs 57lbs
- It has five backrest positions from flat to military, including 30, 45 and 60 degree angles in between.
- It comes mostly assembled
Pros and Cons
The PowerBlock Sport Bench has a streamlined design that provides you with enough comfort and stability. It has a height of 16” which ensure that your feet are firmly planted on the floor. The five positions provided by this bench are very easy to change.
The materials used to make this adjustable weight bench are solid and durable and it has features that provide you with plenty of options for your workout without spending so much money on an expensive bench.
#10. XMark XM 7472 Adjustable FID Weight Bench
The XMark XM 7472 Adjustable FID Weight Bench is a commercial adjustable weight bench that is designed to provide you with comfort, stability and durability. This weight bench provides you with 7 different positions as well as decline.
It has built-in transport wheels for quick storage and easy movement. The frame of the weight bench is made of commercial 11 gauge 3” x 2” steel and is secured on skid resistant feet to ensure stability. The bench comes with guaranteed LIFETIME in-home warranty; therefore you can be assured of its quality and reliability.
Also, It has an extra thick 3” Duracraft padding covered in sweat and tear resistant Duraguard Vinyl to ensure support and comfort. It also has a foot hold down bar that keeps your feet stable and firm.
- Built-in transport wheels
- Bolted on skid resistant feet for added stability
- Scratch resistant, baked powder coat finish
- Extra thick 3” Duraguard cushions
- 7 position adjustments from full decline to military press position
- Commercial 11 gauge 3” x 2” steel construction
- Foot hold down bar
- Ergonomic 3 position adjustable seat
- Sweat and tear resistant Duraguard Vinyl cover
- 1500 lbs weight capacity that allows you to perform a variety of exercises from different angles without the need for having multiple benches.
Pros and Cons
The XMark Adjustable FID Weight Bench is a high quality and advanced adjustable weight bench with leg attachment that can be used for commercial purposes as well as for home gyms. This weight bench is well built with high quality material to ensure reliability and durability.
It is reasonably priced, but it is more expensive than entry-level benches because it has more features and a higher weight capacity than the entry-level benches.
If you are an expert or intermediate weight lifter who is looking for a sturdy and effective bench that can help you train longer and harder without having to spend a fortune on a bench, then you should consider getting the XM 7472 Adjustable Bench.
As Shown Above, The products are some of the 10 best adjustable weight benches available in the market today. Each bench is a little different subject on your needs, so you should do proper research and have a list of all the features you want your weight bench to have.